The primary objective of the workshop is to provide community college counselors with information that will assist them as they provide academic and career guidance for students who plan to enter the health professions. Counselors will learn about various health professions and help students make informed, realistic career decisions.
• General information about the career your program leads to
• Trends in your field, careers, opportunities
• Course requirements, GPA range of accepted students (The competitive applicant)
• Address how prerequisites taken at the community college are viewed
• Advice for prospective students currently in community college
• Events/opportunities for field exploration
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
• Welcome & Intro, 9:30am-10.00am
• Session I: Medicine (MD) - AUC/ROSS SoM, 10:00am-11:00am
• Session II: Dental - USC, 11:00am-12:00pm
• (Break 12:00pm-1:00pm)
• Session III: Optometry - UC Berkeley, 1:00pm-2:00pm
• Session IV: Nursing - CSU San Marcos, 2:00pm-3:00pm
Hosted by the Health Professions Advising Office of California State University, Long Beach.